MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Rory MacDonald Zeroed in on BJ Penn, Would “Love to Fight” Nick Diaz Next

View Single Post

Old 12-01-2012, 12:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
ClydebankBlitz
Super Heavyweight

ClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
I love how people say "it would go like Rory Nate".

That is such a lazy prediction. Nate has excelled since then, Ceasar said he has improved the most he ever seen anyone improve in 1 year. Nate is a 155er his whole career and didn't belong at 170, where as Nick has fought most all his career at 170.

If anyone wants to talk about "hype" lets talk about Rory's undeserved hype. He has beat no one. His best win may be Nate Diaz a 155er with no wrestling. Then he calls out Penn from retirement. Then he calls out the other Diaz because he thinks he can make a name off him and he can do the same as he did to his brother. He does nothing elite but somehow he is the future of MMA.

Rory is a pansy.
I hate the kid, but even against weak opponents he has skills that shine through regardless of who he is against. His hype is genuine and in the right place. No one is saying that he is deserving of a title shot, despite him pretty much being more impressive than Chris Weidman in all of his fights. He is seen as an up and comer still, and with a big win over BJ calls for title shot contention will be in place, which is just. He's then looking for Nick, who in many peoples eyes, including my own, is the best in the division that isn't the champ (or Condit, if you want to count that fight). He's not even asking for a title shot after the BJ fight, he's looking to earn his way up and BJ and Nick arent exactly push overs. I think everythings in the right place for him so far.

MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner
VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote