MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Diaz vs Silva?

Thread: Diaz vs Silva?
View Single Post

Old 12-02-2012, 05:36 PM   #60 (permalink)
MLD
Bantamweight

MLD is on another level nowMLD is on another level nowMLD is on another level nowMLD is on another level nowMLD is on another level nowMLD is on another level nowMLD is on another level nowMLD is on another level nowMLD is on another level nowMLD is on another level nowMLD is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNinja View Post
GSP is never going to be known as the "greatest of all time" He won't Even be top 2. He will be the greatest WW ever, but the dude is a beast and a coward at the same time. He doesn't take risks, never has. Everything he has ever done has been calculated. Even most of his fights aren't note worthy. I mean how many spectacular finishes does GSP have compared to guys like Anderson Silva, Fedor, Jon Jones... This stuff matters when your talking about GOAT.

To most people Silva will always people the greatest ever. The guy has fought in multiple weight classes. He takes huge risks in his fights and he's exciting. Jon Jones could possibly eclipse Silva because he is the same way. He takes risks in his fights, finishes people and wants to move up in weight and challenge himself.

I'm sorry, GSP is the man at 170lbs but he is afraid to take risks, and that makes him a coward.
I see your point here, and I think it has a lot of merit. I just wouldn't characterize GSP as a coward on any level. His calculating fight style gets him the win, and simultaneously leaves the fans wishing for a little more unpredictability in his fights. But to get in a cage with top tier fighters takes guts by itself, regardless of the game plan.
MLD is offline   Reply With Quote