MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Rory MacDonald vs. B.J. Penn Thread

View Single Post

Old 12-03-2012, 11:14 AM   #32 (permalink)
BrianRClover
Welterweight

BrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
I can't believe people are still falling for the "Penn is is great shape" lies once again. You would think after several times of him disappointing that people would start to get the picture.

Penn needs a 1st round finish. Because he will gas again, like he usually does.
Hard to argue that for sure... however I also remember a fifth round BJ Penn chomping at the bit like a wild dog in the Sanchez fight... that was actually the moment that won me over for Penn, you could read his thoughts seemingly saying "if I have to take this guys head off, this isn't going to the judges".. and he damn near did.

Havind said that, I also think Rory is a freak of nature... I don't think he's overrated, and I think he is the future... Rory has everything to gain here in my opinion. Should he lose, I don't think he'll lose much hype, most will chalk it up to BJ coming to fight the way he should...

This is actually one of the most interesting fights I can remember in years.
BrianRClover is offline   Reply With Quote