MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Mike Dolce fires back at claim that Johny Hendricks isn't No. 1 WW contender

View Single Post

Old 12-03-2012, 10:57 AM   #17 (permalink)
jonnyg4508
Colossal-weight

jonnyg4508 Is in the naughty cornerjonnyg4508 Is in the naughty cornerjonnyg4508 Is in the naughty cornerjonnyg4508 Is in the naughty cornerjonnyg4508 Is in the naughty cornerjonnyg4508 Is in the naughty cornerjonnyg4508 Is in the naughty cornerjonnyg4508 Is in the naughty cornerjonnyg4508 Is in the naughty cornerjonnyg4508 Is in the naughty cornerjonnyg4508 Is in the naughty corner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
I think he is clearly the #1 condentender but its all about what fights people want to see and I think the grudge match aspect of a Diaz fight makes it more interesting to a lot of people. I also think come saturday another big contender is gonna stick his head out, Penn or Rory somebody is making a statement and staking that claim come saturday.

I think GSP likely fights Hendricks and then Diaz fights the winner of Rory/Penn.
You think Diaz/Penn could rematch? I highly doubt that.

I think if Diaz doesn't fight Anderson or GSP he will get Kos. I would say FItch/Maia winner but the timing doesn't match well.

Who cares if Rory makes a statement? He won't fight GSP anyway so I'm not sure what he is even doing.

Hendricks is the #1 contender. Doesn't mean that fight has to happen. I just watched Kos/Hendricks again last night and Hendricks doesn't have much other than some power. His striking is very average from technical/diverse stand point. Throws few combos. His wrestling is good but not in the same sentence as GSP's or Kos'. His cardio for 5 rounds probably isn't as good either. I mean I don't see him having much of a chance. Basically a sprawl and brawl. Brawling won't work vs. GSP.

I'd rather see GSP/Diaz.

Last edited by jonnyg4508 : 12-03-2012 at 11:00 AM.
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote