MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Penn's story steals the show leading up to UFC on FOX

View Single Post

Old 12-03-2012, 02:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
Spec0688
Heavyweight

Spec0688 is on another level nowSpec0688 is on another level nowSpec0688 is on another level nowSpec0688 is on another level nowSpec0688 is on another level nowSpec0688 is on another level nowSpec0688 is on another level nowSpec0688 is on another level nowSpec0688 is on another level nowSpec0688 is on another level nowSpec0688 is on another level now
"When you talk about the greatest fighters of all-time, you never hear my name anymore and I'm sick of it," said Penn. "I want to get back to the glory days."

I find it funny that he actually brings this up. Under performing because of fitness level is nothing but his fault, and I guess maybe thats why he's probably in the best shape he's been in a long time. He wants to make a name for himself again, because people are forgetting what Penn has done in the past because of the way he has lost recently.

Its insane that Penn has always been this good without putting in the effort other champions have. The talk about Penn always seems to be, what could have been...what could have been if he would be in 5 round shape every fight. And unless Penn comes out the next couple years and shows the world he's still boss. I have a feeling that will linger with his name when he retires.
Spec0688 is offline   Reply With Quote