MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Cain Velasquez: I'm going to prove I'm the best when I take my belt back

View Single Post

Old 12-03-2012, 07:37 PM   #88 (permalink)
ClydebankBlitz
Megaweight

ClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bresko View Post
That fight only lasted 64 seconds.. Cain had one half arsed attempt at a single (I think it was a single, haven't watched in a little while) before he got caught. I don't doubt that Cain can get JDS down.

I also think Cain poses a bigger threat on the feet than most believe, before the KO he was looking good and had outlanded Junior.

I just really think that 64 seconds isn't long enough to judge the two fighters, yeah JDS dropped Cain fiercely, but Cain landed a decent shot on JDS during a combo with a lowkick from memory, as long as both fighters land solid shots, either has the ability to flash KO the other. They are HWs afterall.

Maybe it's fanboyism , but yeah I definitely see Cain dragging JDS to the mat and beating him to a bloody pulp.
This. I feel that Cain, besides Overeem, is the biggest threat to JDS as I feel Belfort is to Anderson. In neither fight, we saw any of the elements that could have been brought into them because they were flash knockouts. When they earn their way back up, it makes the second fight all that more interesting.

MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner
VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote