***OFFICIAL*** Ben Henderson vs. Nate Diaz Thread

20K views 223 replies 77 participants last post by  Sportsman 2.0 
#1 ·
Lightweight bout: 155 pounds
Five round fight for the UFC Lightweight Championship

See less See more
#95 ·
Really tough fight to pick for me.

Nate has looked very impressive since he has came back to 155 pounds. But I've never really thought Jim Miller was anything special, merely a plodder with a good ground game and Nate dispatched him like he should have. He outstruck Donald Cerrone when there was no threat of a TD.

And Henderson is coming off 50 minutes with Frankie Edgar which is impossible to look good in and then you throw in the fact he lost 1 possibly both of these fights.

I'll go with Henderson SD. But would prefer Nate to win.

#98 ·
Nate Diaz is taking the belt. He's going to be too relentless, too dangerous on the ground, just too good for Benson Henderson. Benson shouldn't even have the belt anyway, Frankie won the re-match, but that's not the point. Benson's got the belt now, and Nate's ready to take it. War Nate Diaz, so excited for this card!

#100 · (Edited)
So, Braziian fists to the face make ppl mad, hum? What about Nate Diaz fists? Gosh, and the guy didn't even make weight, what could have detonated the evening for the UFC. So full of sh!it. A detestable character just like his brother. Clearly on the other side of the moon if compared to the face off between Denis Siver and Nam Phan or Shogun vs Gustaffson.

Well, this near miss certainly makes another dent to the "high professional level" of these guys and their camp.

It will be a war anyway. No predictions, but you all know who I am rooting less for.

#103 ·
Can't believe I'm rooting for a Diaz brother.....

Feels dirty but Ben needs his ass beat and Nate can do it.

#109 ·
Missed the rest of the card but at least somebody I don't like is gonna lose, with my luck tonight it will be a draw though :dunno: . If we are lucky though we can finally have a decisive victory in a LW title fight, no rematches.

#110 ·
I don't care what anyone on this forum has to say on the matter...but I was surprised in the MMA Media at how much stock was put into the Edgar fights as far as how he will fare in the striking.

Benson is more off a rangy fighter that has poor hands and throws a lot of kicks, against a guy like Frankie who is even quicker and has good leap amateur boxing skills, it's a tough matchup.

But Nate isn't that type of fighter, he's a plodding combination fighter with no real foot or hand speed. Not to mention he has nowhere near the defensive wrestling chops of Benson.

Hell, Nate struggles against the same type of fighter. Benson will muck it up on the feet with three thousand feints and an occasional leg or body kick and grab a clinch and get some takedowns while surviving some submissions.

The only way I can really see Nate winning this fight is if he sweeps and gets Benson's back and instead of just threatening and controlling and winning the round, he just stops him right there.

If he doesn't get the finish then, Benson will probably win.

I wouldn't bet against Ben.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.