MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Cain Velasquez: I'm going to prove I'm the best when I take my belt back

View Single Post

Old 12-04-2012, 12:00 PM   #98 (permalink)
dlxrevolution
Featherweight

dlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level now
As much as I hate to say this, JDS's 64 sec KO of Cain really isn't an much of an indication of how these two match-up. I'm not going to say JDS didn't didn't earn his win, because he certainly did. But I also think Cain caused himself to lose the last fight.

Cain utilized the absolute worst possible game plan when it came to fighting JDS. He stood on the outside, exactly where JDS wanted to fight, and allowed himself to get picked apart and KO'd. Cain has MUCH more tools in his arsenal then what he showed, and I think that will be evident in the second fight. If Cain can push the pace, clinch with JDS against the cage, use some dirty boxing and get some takedowns, Cain can surely get the 5 rd decision win. He has NCAA Div 1 wrestling. I'm pretty sure he can take JDS down, but the problem will be keeping JDS down. JDS's takedown defense reminds me of Chuck Liddell, very difficult to takedown, and when he does, he springs right back up.

If JDS can keep the fight standing and keep within boxing distance, I don't see this fight lasting more than 3 rds with JDS getting the KO.

Last edited by dlxrevolution : 12-04-2012 at 12:50 PM. Reason: wow...
dlxrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote