MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Alexander Gustafsson vs. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua Thread

View Single Post

Old 12-04-2012, 04:21 PM   #45 (permalink)
Big_Charm
Bantamweight

Big_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post
I'm tired of the Gus hype. It ends in one week.

Shogun. KO.

You ain't ****in' with no Thiago Silva here Gus.
I'm in a torn situation (Like Gus as an up and comer, plus he's one of the guys in my NPFFL). However, that being said... Shogun is one of my favourite fighters and want that above pic on Sat as he wins via T(KO).

I think it comes down to who wants it more, cub lion vs. middle aged lion. Someone's gotta eat

Shogun: He's a berserker, great MT and very underrated BJJ ground game. He's got a serious chin that's been blasted by JJ, Hendo, Rampage, Lyoto, Liddel and hasn't been KO'd. He's probably got the biggest heart in the UFC if not MMA, to come back from a beating Hendo was giving him.

When he engages, he eats punches to land devastating blows on his opponents. His GnP is one of the best in the game as is his killer instincts.

His weakness has to be cardio (with heavier grapplers/wrestlers) and the re-injuring of his knees (constant surgeries).

Gus: Young, great height and technical stand-up. He's a great up and comer with lots of potential. I'm inclined to agree with most that have posted about his power (haven't seen his true potential to KO guys).

He's hungry and the loss to Mr. Wonderful put him on the path to redemption.

If Shogun comes in (like the Vera fight), it'll be a long night for both men.... probably getting a split decision to Shogun. It'll be an absolute war of attrition.

If Shogun is fresh and ready, I say he stops Gus cold within the first 1-2 rounds. It's a bold call but I think Gus may need a few more fights to overtake the top 3-5 guys in the division.

Can't wait for Saturday night!c

Fedor-Shogun-Overeem-Cro Cop-Silva-Gomi-Henderson-Jackson

2014 NPFFL

Jon Jones . Travis Browne . Demian Maia. Cain Velasquez. Fabricio Werdum
Big_Charm is offline   Reply With Quote