MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Mike Swick: "Its going to be over fairly quickly"

View Single Post

Old 12-05-2012, 12:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
SideWays222
All Around Nice Guy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Mike Swick: "Its going to be over fairly quickly"

Quote:
This Saturday night the UFC is poised to offer four fantastic fights on free television including a trio of tilts that would be at home in one of the top two spots of any PPV. However, in the opinion of Mike Swick, fans better be ready to tune in at the start of the show to catch his bout against Matt Brown because it isn’t going to last very long.
“I honestly think that we’re going to clash, and it’s going to be over fairly quick,” admitted Swick in an interview with MMAJunkie Radio. “I just can’t imagine that we would punch each other in the face for three solid rounds without anything happening.”
Consider the reputation both men have for finishing foes, Swick could be onto something. Brown has scored stoppages in 13 of 15 wins, while Swick has done the same in 11 of 15. Then again, even if the Ultimate Fighter O.G. isn’t able to put Brown away early, he’ll be ready to go the distance without sacrificing any of his skills to do so.
“If it goes to the later rounds, which I’m prepared for considering he is a tough guy and likes to get in those long fights, I should be more than ready to keep a fast and explosive pace for those three rounds,” concluded Swick on the match-up.
The 15-4 Swick’s showdown with Brown at UFC on FOX 5 will be his second straight scrap on network television. He was last seen taking out DaMarques Johnson in August at UFC on FOX 4 after more than two years away from competition for health-related reasons.

My boy is going to put on a beating. Soon there will be a Mike Swick era.