Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Frankie Edgar Picks Nate Diaz to Win Title Fight

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  RangerClydeTheBlue 
#1 ·
Former UFC lightweight champion, Frankie Edgar who has faced Benson Henderson in back to back fights, gave a pretty interesting prediction for the UFC on Fox 5 main event bout. According to him, Nate Diaz will have the edge on their championship bout:

"I think Nate's going to be a problem for him. I really do. I think Ben is obviously a great fighter. I think it's going to be a high paced fight, but Nate's length, his boxing is pretty tough. "

"I think is always going to fight like he always fights, he's going to go forward, throw a lot of punches. For Ben, I don't know maybe he's got to get takedowns if he can, but he's got to be weary about those submissions."

Interestingly enough, it's not just Edgar who thinks that way. In a video for MMAInterviews.tv below, several other fighters made their Ben Henderson vs. Nate Diaz predictions, and like Edgar, most of them also predicted that Diaz will be taking Henderson's belt back to Stockton.

Pros picking Henderson (3): Shane Carwin, Alexander Gustafsson, Forrest Griffin (?),

Pros picking Diaz (8) : Rashad Evans, Ian McCall, Frankie Edgar, Gray Maynard, Anthony Njokuani, Evan Dunham, Donald Cerrone, Vince Pichel

Pros who are undecided (4): Pat Barry, Randy Couture, Joe Lauzon, Anthony Pettis
LINK

Very interesting...I cannot wait for Saturday night to find out.

#4 ·
Frankie would know since he beat him twice, hope he comes back up to Lightweight after he beats Aldo.

#7 ·
Damn am I the only one who thinks Bendo can defend by outmuscling em and controlling em. Bendo is going to have to fight the way Clay Guida did rather than get sloppy and get caught in a brawl or submission.

#10 ·
Frankie Edgar is a smart guy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.