MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Struve vs Hunt likely for UFC on Fuel 8 in Japan.

View Single Post

Old 12-05-2012, 02:22 PM   #37 (permalink)
jonnyg4508
Banned

jonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
I don't think it has as much to do with Struve and who he's beat as much as it does Hunt and who he's lost to, namely Sean McCorkle who didn't just beat him but finished him.

Because of that I can't take Mark Hunt seriously as a contender or a relevant fighter in MMA today, Sean McCorkle is pretty bad, and yeah it was two years ago but Hunt's "improved" ground game isn't really all that improved to me, I still remain adamant had he and Rothwell not fought in Colorado he'd have lost to him and I expect Struve to wrap him up fairly quickly.

I also don't care about his victory over Chieck Kongo, let's not act like Kongo's some world-beater who fought for the title in the past.

Either way, I'm not convinced either of these guys is a legit contender and I don't even think they're top ten and I certainly don't see them beating Junior, Cain, Reem, Cormier, or Barnett.
THe McCorkle fight was an aberration. The UFC was basically having to use him because of contract. They didn't really want him and Hunt didn't seem like he wanted a career in the UFC but rather Japan or kickboxing. He was not ready for that fight and didn't take it seriously. Something clicked where he realized this is a good chance at making a living and he seemed much improved the next fight and more in shape. How can a guy beat Rothwell and Kongo and get easily finsihed vs. McCorkle? He takes is MMA career much more serious than he did then. He hasn't improved so much so as got serious, instead of a sideshow in Japan he is embracing being a decent fighter in the UFC.

No one acts like Kongo is a world beater. But he is better than anyone Struve has beat. Rothwell is too. And I don't like either of those fighters.

Before that he was getting beat by straight killers. Fedor, Barnett, Manhoaf, Mousasi...

Struve defiantly has his way of winning. But if he doesn't get Hunt down early he is getting KO'd...
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote