MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Rory MacDonald vs. B.J. Penn Thread

View Single Post

Old 12-06-2012, 02:13 AM   #45 (permalink)
No_Mercy
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!

No_Mercy Is Beyond A Rankings SystemNo_Mercy Is Beyond A Rankings SystemNo_Mercy Is Beyond A Rankings SystemNo_Mercy Is Beyond A Rankings SystemNo_Mercy Is Beyond A Rankings SystemNo_Mercy Is Beyond A Rankings SystemNo_Mercy Is Beyond A Rankings SystemNo_Mercy Is Beyond A Rankings SystemNo_Mercy Is Beyond A Rankings SystemNo_Mercy Is Beyond A Rankings SystemNo_Mercy Is Beyond A Rankings System
The thing with Penn is you can usually tell how the fight is gonna go within the first round. If he has his way and is controlling the fight it's usually going to be a good night. If he gets controlled and is unable to land first then his will gets broken. I've seen it time and time again.

Unless Rory makes a mistake or is overzealous this fight is his purely on his size. Yah he has the skills, but he's significantly stronger and that plays a role in the clinch, grappling, and on the ground. If Rory goes down to 155 I'd say BJ would take it 7/8 out of 10.

It's 2012 everyone is well versed on all the techniques now. Sadly, size does matter especially if the combatants have equal skills.

If Rory wins he's the rising star and I wonder if he'll fight GSP. On the other hand I don't mind BJ winning at all as I like to root for the underdogs!

Baked, not fried... the healthy choice.

No_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote