MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Gilbert Melendez could drop to featherweight for UFC debut

View Single Post

Old 12-06-2012, 01:37 PM   #13 (permalink)
cdtcpl
Megaweight

cdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
I don't know why people think Gil won't thrive in the UFC, really the division is not that good and it never was the deep shark tank that Joe Rogan and Dana White promoted it as. If Gil goes to the UFC the only guys that could beat him are probably Pettis and Maynard, both guys who I think would beat Henderson whose not even the best Lightweight in the world, that title belongs to Michael Chandler as long as the UFC title isn't around Anthony Pettis' waist.
Big surprise, I disagree with everything you said. The LW division is a shark tank and will devour Gil whole if he is dumb enough to test those waters. His wrestling is better than average but I think guys like Guida, Maynard, etc, would destroy him there. His striking is really poor, he would get lit up by pretty much anyone in the top 10.

Gil is probably really sad that he has to leave the pond to go into the ocean.
cdtcpl is offline   Reply With Quote