MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Dana: "Diaz is next for GSP, if the challenger will accept"

View Single Post

Old 12-06-2012, 06:58 PM   #31 (permalink)
dlxrevolution
Lightweight

dlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Paul Guy View Post
Relax. He needs to win one more fight to get his shot (maybe he could just wait and not fight at all). His earning potential is obviously way higher in the UFC than it is fighting in front on 1000 fans in an org that might not even exist in a year or two.
One more fight?????

Who is he going to fight now? Carlos Condit, the guy who just lost the title fight? Jake Ellenburger, the guy who his last victory TKO'd not too long ago? Demian Maia, someone who basically only has one win in the division?

I'll be the first to admit it. GSP vs Nick Diaz is an interesting match-up that I've been wanting to see for a long time. It's a good rivalry that will generate plenty of money and attention. But as a UFC fan, I am not okay with someone who has done what Hendricks has done not getting the shot that he deserves.

In the end, I know the UFC is a business that places its importance on profit. But Johny Hendricks not getting a title shot is not only unfair, but a complete disservice. If I were Hendricks, I wouldn't take any other fight other than a title fight, and if the UFC can't come to terms with my demands, I'll leave the UFC. This is the equivolent of Alexander Gustofsson beating Shogun, Lyoto Machida, then Dan Hendorson and not getting a title shot afterwards. Even if this is about the profit, the UFC better be careful with these types of decisions because it's beginning to come to a point where there's no point in fighting anymore. And when that happens, maybe the fan's wont boycott the UFC, however a lot of these dominant but unpopular fighters will leave the UFC and fight in growing companies such as Bellator, or OneFC. Then the UFC will have trouble recruiting new guys because you'll be fighting in an organization where you can win 10 fights in the row but if you don't generate profit, you won't fight for a title.

In other words, this is a good short term move, but in the long run, it may very well hurt the UFC.

Last edited by dlxrevolution : 12-06-2012 at 07:04 PM.
dlxrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote