MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Ronda Rousey v Liz Carmouche Offical For UFC 157

View Single Post

Old 12-06-2012, 07:51 PM   #27 (permalink)
M.C
Master Elodin

M.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Paul Guy View Post
Aldo is small. 125 is smaller than most junior high kids.

Would you be in favor of a 115 lb division? 105? 95? Or how about we add a full gambit of divisions for the women. Why shouldn't a women too small/big to fight Rousey get a chance? How about we add a few "special" divisions for those amongst us who are physically and/or mentally impaired. MMA for dogs? Cats? Why not. A true MMA fan would watch.

The point I'm trying to make is that you have to draw the line somewhere. I draw it firmly on this side of pretending that women's MMA is a good idea.
I think that women's MMA is a good idea, just not in the UFC right now. Keep that in smaller orgs until there's a much larger skill range and roster range.

Right now I know literally 2 female MMA fighters, that's it, and they aren't even fighting. I've been into MMA longer than A LOT of people, I know more about the history/sport than many, yet I know - 2 - female MMA fighters. Imagine how much the masses know?

When the female divisoin gets more talent/skill, and I'm not watching 1 decent fighter destroy a bunch of part-time fighters with extremely low skill, and there's enough people in the division to actually matter, then I'll be happy to watch main event PPV like this.

Until then, I have 0 interest watching an average fighter at best when compared to other divisions in the UFC (Ronda) beating up part-time skillless fighters that shouldn't even be doing this until they train more.

“Anna, my strong, terrifying Anna.” -Cas
"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me" -Elodin

*READ/IMPORTANT*
M.C is offline   Reply With Quote