MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Dana: "Diaz is next for GSP, if the challenger will accept"

View Single Post

Old 12-06-2012, 11:32 PM   #60 (permalink)
GrappleRetarded
Banned

GrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
No it's not.

I know there's a lot of Diaz fanboys out there but get real, GSP doesn't get submitted and he's so much more athletic than Nick it's not even funny, he could probably out-strike him too.

He will probably take him down, bust him open with elbows and everyone will complain because he "lay n prayed".

What the hell's next seriously? Aldo/Edgar was at least plausible because many people think Edgar is the Lightweight Champion.

But then Chael got a title shot, and I like Chael but that's bullshit what they did to Hendo especially since Jones can't fight until April anyway, and now Diaz is getting a title shot over a guy on a five fight win streak. Dana and company better hope Bellator doesn't get big on Spike like they did or I truly think a bunch of fighters will leave, if I was Hendricks I'd leave for sure after this.

I've listened to Rampage bitch and complain for months and I thought he was just being a sore sport but honestly he's got a point, UFC is all about money and they aren't even trying to hide it now. Really hope Bellator makes it at least they treat MMA like a real sport.
Nick Diaz is actually probably a better raw athlete than GSP. I'd like to see GSP swim to Alcatraz.....twice.

Seriously though, it always makes me laugh when people think GSP is this super athlete and Nick Diaz is this scrawny punk with no athletic ability what so ever.

Nick regularly competes in triathlons for crying out loud, the kid is a hell of an athlete. It's just that GSP and Nick Diaz are two completely different kinds of athlete. GSP is an explosive sprinter type of guy, and Nick is an endurance kind of guy. Both athletes are incredibly efficient in their respective field, and that's what makes this match up so exciting.

That said, Johnny Hendricks deserves his shot.

Last edited by GrappleRetarded : 12-06-2012 at 11:35 PM.
GrappleRetarded is offline   Reply With Quote