MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - punching without rotation of the fist?

View Single Post

Old 12-06-2012, 11:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Onganju
Outta My Head

Onganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kin View Post
I don't feel like punching that way is as powerful. I think curious1 hit the nail on the head, in that, vertical fist is more pushy and lacks snap. That said, I like to throw vertical-fisted uppercuts sometimes, since the twisting of the fist (or lack there of) doesn't affect the mechanics of the punch at all. It definitely does slip through people's guards better.
That's not always the case. Jack Dempsey was a fan of jabbing with a vertical fist. Then again, he usually accompanied it with a substantial drop step. In which case, the power was from definitely more from the feet up.

Then again, correctly applied physics would increase the force of any punch substantially.

Queng leon queng tigre ecu tacacut, queca pa? - Pampangan Mandarigma Motto

My Blog <--READ IT!
Onganju is offline   Reply With Quote