MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Dana White Confirms: Winner of Shogun-Gustaffson gets next title shot at 205.

View Single Post

Old 12-07-2012, 08:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
cdtcpl
Megaweight

cdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookie View Post
It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to give Shogun a title shot after he lost to Henderson. I mean he lost two in a row only one fight ago. I could see making a case for Gustaffson getting a shot if he won or a title shot to Henderson if he beats Machida, but I don't see why Shogun or Machida would be given a title shot so quickly after they've lost.
Sometimes it is right place at the right time.

I actually think it has to do with the amount of crap DW gets when he declares only one of the fighters having a chance for a title shot. Last time he did it his twitter account nearly died, so to get less flak he makes the general statement with his hopes on his pre-planned outcome. Unfortunately for him they very rarely work out how he intends them to.
cdtcpl is offline   Reply With Quote