MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Ronda Rousey v Liz Carmouche Offical For UFC 157

View Single Post

Old 12-07-2012, 05:13 PM   #75 (permalink)
evilappendix
It Lurks...

evilappendix Is True Champion Of Knowledgeevilappendix Is True Champion Of Knowledgeevilappendix Is True Champion Of Knowledgeevilappendix Is True Champion Of Knowledgeevilappendix Is True Champion Of Knowledgeevilappendix Is True Champion Of Knowledgeevilappendix Is True Champion Of Knowledgeevilappendix Is True Champion Of Knowledgeevilappendix Is True Champion Of Knowledgeevilappendix Is True Champion Of Knowledgeevilappendix Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Paul Guy View Post
1) Ronda winning a bronze medal in Judo is cool and all, but how many women really take Judo that seriously? It's like winning a bronze in the women's yo-yo world championships. Cool. (Also Karate, BJJ, and MMA aren't olympic sports, so I'm not sure how Lyoto is supposed to win an olympic medal.)

2) This has nothing to do with their fighting skill.

3) No there isn't. Women don't watch sports nearly as much as men do, and most prefer to watch men. The only pro womens sports league that has had any sort of success is the WNBA, which only exists because the NBA props them up.

The women's division in the UFC won't last. If we wanted to watch some ugly chicks fight we'd just watch Jerry Springer or some shit.
1- The first American to take gold in Judo was a woman. Before her, our only medalist was Rhonda. Seems American girls do take that shit seriously. My point was, don't knock someone's skill when they've competed with the best in their division at a global level. But you just compared Olympic level Judo to yo-yo so you're just being disrespectful or ignorant to try proving your point...

2- Lyoto says drinking his first piss is an old method he uses when training. It does have some merit, but so does eating a multivitamin. Dan had to get permission to take testosterone shots so he can continue to compete at the level he does because he has old man balls. From their mouths not mine. I'd say that specifically has to do with their abilities as fighters since they said it does wouldn't you?

3- So you speak for women everywhere then? Obviously you know the female brain better than they do. Not to mention, you just compared female martial artists the world over to side show antics on a blatantly staged talk show. Again, disrespecting people to prove a point. Show up next time with valid arguments and I'll be happy to shoot those down as well.
evilappendix is offline   Reply With Quote