MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Nate Diaz weigh in blunder

View Single Post

Old 12-08-2012, 01:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ciaci
MMA Fanatic

Ciaci is a jewel in the roughCiaci is a jewel in the roughCiaci is a jewel in the roughCiaci is a jewel in the roughCiaci is a jewel in the roughCiaci is a jewel in the roughCiaci is a jewel in the roughCiaci is a jewel in the roughCiaci is a jewel in the roughCiaci is a jewel in the roughCiaci is a jewel in the rough
Nate Diaz weigh in blunder

When Nate initially weighed in yesterday at 155.6lb, he looked happy and ready. That is, until Dana told him he had to lose the remaining 0.6lb.

I could have sworn Nate said: "What?" He looked shocked that he didn't come in on weight. I think Nick even told him he had to lose the final 0.6lb, which he eventually did on the 3rd weigh in attempt. My impression was that he didn't know he could not weigh more than 155.0lb for his title fight.

My question: how did he not know that for a title fight, fighters can not exceed the precise weight limit for that division?? I was pretty surprised. Thoughts??
Ciaci is offline   Reply With Quote