MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - MMA vs Street Fighter

View Single Post

Old 12-08-2012, 07:26 PM   #35 (permalink)
mastodon2222
Bantamweight

mastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankings
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBrown View Post
So, I hear this alot in my neck of the woods and alot of people say that someone with just 1 Month of BJJ could submit the average person (or hurt them on the "street"). Does anyone think this is a good number? BJJ doesn't prepare you to get smashed in the face and while I love MMA and train, I'm not so convinced that your average MMA fighter could run through just anyone on the street (that has never trained in any martial art or discipline). My main reason is this: there is no feeling out process like we tend to see in sanctioned fights (and no rules). Any thoughts?
No way, one month isn't nearly enough. Assuming they are of equal "toughness" , the guy would need 3+ months at a minimum, but more importantly an equal amount of stand up training on how how to avoid the big punch.

I assume you're talking about 1 on 1 without weapons. Multiple opponents and/or a weapon isn't worth discussing imo, unless we're talking about a movie scene.
mastodon2222 is offline   Reply With Quote