MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Ben Henderson vs. Nate Diaz Thread

View Single Post

Old 12-08-2012, 09:53 PM   #110 (permalink)
Roflcopter
Banned

Roflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By All
I don't care what anyone on this forum has to say on the matter...but I was surprised in the MMA Media at how much stock was put into the Edgar fights as far as how he will fare in the striking.

Benson is more off a rangy fighter that has poor hands and throws a lot of kicks, against a guy like Frankie who is even quicker and has good leap amateur boxing skills, it's a tough matchup.

But Nate isn't that type of fighter, he's a plodding combination fighter with no real foot or hand speed. Not to mention he has nowhere near the defensive wrestling chops of Benson.

Hell, Nate struggles against the same type of fighter. Benson will muck it up on the feet with three thousand feints and an occasional leg or body kick and grab a clinch and get some takedowns while surviving some submissions.

The only way I can really see Nate winning this fight is if he sweeps and gets Benson's back and instead of just threatening and controlling and winning the round, he just stops him right there.

If he doesn't get the finish then, Benson will probably win.

I wouldn't bet against Ben.
Roflcopter is offline   Reply With Quote