MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Alexander Gustafsson vs. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua Thread

View Single Post

Old 12-08-2012, 10:01 PM   #110 (permalink)
SM33
SPEED KILLS

SM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings System
That was mental. Significant strikes were dead even during the second, from then on it was about conditioning. Great win for Gustaf but he definitely faced Shogun at the right time, he was getting caught even when he was much fresher, and nearly got submitted in the first.

Can't wait to see Gustaf fight for the title, though that may be a while away. Maybe a bit premature as he's only on a one fight lose streak, but I honestly wouldn't mind if Shogun hangs 'em up, he has nothing to prove, just went a competitive three rounds with a young beast... just keep your record at 21-7, it's one of the most impressive in the sport. Shogun's heart and toughness is a thrill to watch but I'm not interested in him ruining his record against guys who, on paper, should not be beating him.

Gustaf handled the bad bits very well, I think stylistically he's a problem for Jon Jones.