Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

UFC on FOX 5: Henderson vs. Diaz Event Card of the Year!!

2K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  RedRocket44 
#1 ·
This card was stack & live up to the hype it got my vote for Event of the Year if there was one. This one was event you should not have missed!! So many great fights and changing of the Guards!!

What do you guys think!!

See less See more
#19 ·
It was definitely a high octane card. Even though it was one sided there was a lot of action.

Most cards need to have that feel good element to it. Underdog winning, huge upset, or having fan favorites pull through. I felt like shiet when Serra KOed GSP and when Crocop went on a losing skid. Or seeing Wandy get clobbered by Leben or Lyoto getting choked unconsciously. That was a bit tough to digest especially since I place a nice lil bet on that fight. It's the nature of the business. I have to say it's a LOT different then seeing your sports team lose. It's a different emotion all together.

As fans we're emotionally and sometimes even financially invested. I really wonder what the fighters, families, and trainers go through. You gotta give them credit. They all fight with heavy hearts win or lose. I mean 10 years worth of winning can suddenly be snapped ala Fedor style.

In terms of the fights though all the defeated comabatants put up a valiant battle so in my books it was entertaining.

#20 ·
I liked the card because Diaz got his ass kicked, and Rory won. Not that I was expecting anything different though.

The main card had some big name fighters, but none of the fights were even close. I don't know what everyone's criteria is for "card of the year", but close to the top of my list is having a few very close, back-and-forth match ups.

You never see fight of the year go to a purely 1 sided beat down... I don't see why having a card chalk full of 1 sided decisions should qualify for card of the year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.