Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

UFC on FOX 5 Preview

592 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  fightfan76 
#1 ·
#4 · (Edited)
Hopefully you didn't have any money on those picks... yikes!

1 for 4... and those were 4 pretty easy fights to pick.

1. Rory and Benson were pretty much a write off for me. Other than a lucky punch, I don't why people were hyping up BJ and Diaz so much. I don't think a lot of people know who Rory or Benson are yet, maybe that had something to do with it.

2. Haven't seen too much of Gustafsson, but I thought Shogun has looked slow and out of shape in his last few fights (Henderson especially). Gave this one to Gustafsson just because I didn't really like Shogun going into this.

3. Only fight on the main-card that was up in the air to me was Brown/Swick - all I knew is there was a good chance of a KO, as both guys have ~50%+ of their wins coming by (T)KO.

#5 ·
Hopefully you didn't have any money on those picks... yikes!

1 for 4... and those were 4 pretty easy fights to pick.

1. Rory and Benson were pretty much a write off for me. Other than a lucky punch, I don't why people were hyping up BJ and Diaz so much. I don't think a lot of people know who Rory or Benson are yet, maybe that had something to do with it.

2. Haven't seen too much of Gustafsson, but I thought Shogun has looked slow and out of shape in his last few fights (Henderson especially). Gave this one to Gustafsson just because I didn't really like Shogun going into this.

3. Only fight on the main-card that was up in the air to me was Brown/Swick - all I knew is there was a good chance of a KO, as both guys have ~50%+ of their wins coming by (T)KO.
I agree, I think he made pretty good points as to how it could have gone the other way. I believe it was more so a shot in the dark pick and he didnt want to make the obvious pick and take a chance.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.