MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC on the same night as Boxing - Is it wise?

View Single Post

Old 12-09-2012, 01:46 PM   #18 (permalink)
HadouKEN
MMA Fanatic

HadouKEN Is Destined For GreatnessHadouKEN Is Destined For GreatnessHadouKEN Is Destined For GreatnessHadouKEN Is Destined For GreatnessHadouKEN Is Destined For GreatnessHadouKEN Is Destined For GreatnessHadouKEN Is Destined For GreatnessHadouKEN Is Destined For GreatnessHadouKEN Is Destined For GreatnessHadouKEN Is Destined For GreatnessHadouKEN Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket44 View Post
I think you sort of answered this question yourself. I really don't think it hurts the UFCs ratings, going up against boxing and PacMan.

If somebody is into boxing enough to pay $70+ to see PacMan fight, they aren't going to second guess ordering the boxing event because of a free UFC event. They will pay to see the boxing match live, and tivo the UFC, or catch a re-run of it.

Second to that, if somebody is a casual fan of both sports, or is on a budget, they are more likely to tune into a free event (bonus for having a belt on the line).
I agree with this. I stream all my boxing fights because I hat the way boxing is these days but I love the fact that UFC gave us a free card it was awesome and all the main fights were great.
HadouKEN is offline   Reply With Quote