MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Who Has Had A More Humiliating End To Their Career: Liddell Or Penn?

View Single Post

Old 12-09-2012, 02:53 PM   #22 (permalink)
RedRocket44
Bantamweight

RedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by _RIVAL_ View Post
Liddell by far... B.J. is fighting some big guys these days...

He truley is challenging himself win, lose, or draw....
That's a load of crap. He has plenty of challenges today at LW. BJ would be lucky to be in the top 10 at LW, with today's LW fighters if you ask me. He doesn't need to be a bonehead and fight guys 30 pounds bigger than him at WW. He could fight guys his size and be challenged. It's almost as if it's a fallback excuse for him, his camp and his fans.

Him taking fights at WW is some combination of laziness (not cutting weight) and stupidity if you ask me.

As for the original question, I say Liddell, only because he took some nasty KOs, and he is actually retired. I'm not convinced that BJ is done yet. He's only 33, what's he going to do with all his spare time? He made 150k against Diaz, he is still getting paid good money. There's no way he walks away from the sport at 33 years old, when he still gets paid more than many UFC guys can only dream of getting. He will be back, the only question is will he continue to be a punching bag?

He could come back for 1-2 fights, even 3 or more, and retire in a lot worse shape than Liddell did. He's already 1-4-1 in his last 6, with the draw being questionable at best. Should be 1-5 in his last 6...

Last edited by RedRocket44 : 12-09-2012 at 02:58 PM.
RedRocket44 is offline   Reply With Quote