MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - RUMOR: Dan Henderson still hurt, Machida vs. Gustafsson in the works.

View Single Post

Old 12-09-2012, 03:39 PM   #20 (permalink)
SM33
SPEED KILLS

SM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustafsson Fan View Post
I also think Gustafsson might get knocked out by Machida. Jones vs Machida round 1 showed Machidas accuracy. The thing that kept Machida at bay vs Jones was of course not Jones footwork but his wrestling. Every guy knows Jones fantastic clinch, takedowns and ground and pound. They avoid his clinch like the plague.

Against Gustafsson Machida would be able to come in closer because Gustafsson does not have great top game yet. Evene Rua with his average footwork was able to land big punches against Gus imagine what the quick legged Machida could do.
Many of the exchanges in this fight were take some to give some, Shogun had success because he of his hard head and fearlessness. I think Machida will try to kick Gus a lot but when he gets close to punch, I can't see him taking too many counters. Which Gustaf WILL land.