MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - RUMOR: Dan Henderson still hurt, Machida vs. Gustafsson in the works.

View Single Post

Old 12-09-2012, 04:49 PM   #25 (permalink)
SM33
SPEED KILLS

SM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
The big question is, what does Gus do if he can't land? Remember the Shogun that he fought last night isn't the same guy that beat Machida. Shogun nowadays is just content to brawl and make it a war and his lack of a jab and leg kicks have made that crystal clear, and Thiago Silva...well, we already saw what Lyoto did to him.

I hate to sound like a homer but that Machida that fought Bader was that guy that made Silva look helpless and the guy that knocked out Rashad and he's by far the best guy that Gus would have fought and we already know Machida can get in and get out on long strikers.

The real question is if this fight happens, what does Gus do if he has a problem finding Machida, does he get desperate and rush him? If so, he's asking to be served up a silver platter.
Oh I agree, Machida looked better than ever in the Bader fight, I think he's in his prime right now. He's a complex opponent for anyone, but I think Gustafsson has all the tools to impose his game and hurt Lyoto. I'm sure it'll be highly competitive while it lasts.