MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - RUMOR: Dan Henderson still hurt, Machida vs. Gustafsson in the works.

View Single Post

Old 12-09-2012, 11:58 PM   #28 (permalink)
No_Mercy
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!

No_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF Material
I don't like this fight because it's going to knock out another contender. With Shogun it's fine because Shogun had a helluve war against Hendo, surprisingly against Vera, and of course again last night. The bout against Gustaf already confirmed what I felt...Shogun's tactics simply will not work in a modern era of MMA. His conditioning usually fails em as well. With Machida, he was already given the title shot, unfortunately he didn't take it. If Gustaf wins and moves on to fight the LHW title holder and loses that leaves only Glover cuz both Shogun and Machida were beat by em.

I don't mind the match up all, it's just the timing. If it does happen though I hate to say it, but Gustaf has the edge. He's extremely agile for his size, lanky, accurate, and has powerful striking.

Machida's key is to counter precisely. In fact, both adopt a fairly similar strategy of utilizing movement. I hope Hendo heals up cuz that's a much easier match up to call.

Out of everyone currently in the LHW division Gustaf is a legitimate threat to the throne. If he's shored up his takedown defense and grappling then it'll be a very interesting fight against the LHW title holder.

Baked, not fried... the healthy choice.

No_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote