MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - How irritating is it to see FOX purposely cut away from offensive gestures on fights

View Single Post

Old 12-10-2012, 01:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
BlueLander
Flyweight

BlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He Crosses
How irritating is it to see FOX purposely cut away from offensive gestures on fights

I was real irritated to see the Bendo/Diaz fight cut away to the arena shot several times throughout the fight. At the time I didn't understand if it was a technical error or not, but come to find out they were cutting away Diaz giving Bendo the finger.

Here's an example of one of the shot's they cut away from:

Simply doesn't make any sense to me. This is an MMA fight, two guys in a cage trying to physically destroy their opponent by KO, Submission, any way possible and that's all well and good. But oh no, someone displays the middle finger, we can't have that! I mean that's just not wholesome family fun...

Does this mean if there was a damaging flurry that seriously impacted the outcome of the fight, yet a middle finger was present, they would just cut away? Imagine seeing two fighters square off, then they cut away, and come back to one of them seriously damaged or even knocked out. Really takes away from the action IMO.

Granted we didn't miss much with this particular incident, but if this is going to be standard procedure for FOX cards, might as well never put a Diaz brother on free TV..

BlueLander is offline   Reply With Quote