MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Ben Henderson vs. Nate Diaz Thread

View Single Post

Old 12-10-2012, 08:32 AM   #219 (permalink)
cdtcpl
Megaweight

cdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by PheelGoodInc View Post
This cut the beginning off, but still fun to watch.

The way Bendo set this up was brilliant. I have never seen anyone punch another dudes legs outside of the clinch. You can even see that Nate strikes down to where Bendo would have been if he went after the thigh/knee again.

I think the real lesson we learned here is when you depend on your front leg for so much of your striking you need to learn to check kicks. Bendo must have chopped his leg out from under him a dozen times throughout the fight.

Nate deserves credit for never stopping though. The doc even gave him the option when his eye was swelling bad but he went out and tried to win even at the end. I thought the fight would be a lot closer than that, but styles makes fights and Bendo has the right style to counter Diaz perfectly.
cdtcpl is offline   Reply With Quote