MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Alexander Gustafsson vs. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua Thread

View Single Post

Old 12-10-2012, 10:10 AM   #130 (permalink)
LL
Cruz Control

LL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuzzy View Post
Nope, but it may surprise some that he is stronger than Jones. The Phil Davis fight was over 2,5 years ago, and Gus has only been training MMA for 6 years so on over 2,5 years he has improved immensely, especially on his ground game, when he started to train with Phil Davis after his loss. If Shogun had no chance to beat Gus I can't see how either Rashad or Machida would beat him (I'm a Machida fan). The only two persons i see, stand a chance against Gus is Hendo and Jones.
Probably because present day Rashad and Machida are better than present day Shogun?

Shogun has completely abandoned his kicks and is content to make it a war, Rashad would be the best test for Gus considering Gus' only loss is to Davis and we all saw how Rashad handled Phil, as for Machida it's an interesting fight because Gus is a great fighter but he's been fighting guys like Hamill, Vlad, Thiago Silva, and present day Shogun who are slow and plod forward. Lyoto, arguably the fastest guy at 205 would show him something much different with his ability to dart in and out and was the first person to land a clean punch on Jones who has longer arms than Gus.
LL is offline   Reply With Quote