MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Entertaining card, but a sad night

View Single Post

Old 12-10-2012, 10:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
TanyaJade
Middleweight

TanyaJade Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTanyaJade Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTanyaJade Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTanyaJade Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTanyaJade Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTanyaJade Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTanyaJade Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTanyaJade Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTanyaJade Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTanyaJade Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTanyaJade Is Beyond A Rankings System
Seeing BJ and Swick lose was disappointing. Especially in the manner that they lost. I had to take a step back and remind myself that Swick is the same guy that was outclassed by Dan ****in' Hardy for crying out loud. He's a likable guy, but very overrated. It just sucked because I wanted to see him make a comeback of the ages after several injuries and illnesses.

I expected to see BJ lose, but not in that fashion. Unlike most people I didn't buy into the hype. I've seen it time and time again with BJ. He looks good for three minutes, then gasses or has an adrenaline dump ala Frank Mir. Just a very mentally weak fighter, although the guy has a chin and heart like no other. But the way Rory went about beating him was just sad to watch, combined with the showboating.

I wanted Gustaf to beat Shogun, so I wasn't at all disappointed in that regard.

And while I wanted Nate to win, I was more in awe of Henderson's showcase than anything else. I expected Nate to win, or at least give Henderson a hell of a fight, and Henderson dominated Nate everywhere and made him look like an amateur instead of the guy who destroyed Gomi, Cerronne, and Miller.

Rich Franklin - Holly Holm - Carlos Condit - Andrei Arlovski
Credit to Spite for the sig!
TanyaJade is offline   Reply With Quote