MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Entertaining card, but a sad night

View Single Post

Old 12-10-2012, 09:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
TanyaJade
Welterweight

TanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World Renown
Seeing BJ and Swick lose was disappointing. Especially in the manner that they lost. I had to take a step back and remind myself that Swick is the same guy that was outclassed by Dan ****in' Hardy for crying out loud. He's a likable guy, but very overrated. It just sucked because I wanted to see him make a comeback of the ages after several injuries and illnesses.

I expected to see BJ lose, but not in that fashion. Unlike most people I didn't buy into the hype. I've seen it time and time again with BJ. He looks good for three minutes, then gasses or has an adrenaline dump ala Frank Mir. Just a very mentally weak fighter, although the guy has a chin and heart like no other. But the way Rory went about beating him was just sad to watch, combined with the showboating.

I wanted Gustaf to beat Shogun, so I wasn't at all disappointed in that regard.

And while I wanted Nate to win, I was more in awe of Henderson's showcase than anything else. I expected Nate to win, or at least give Henderson a hell of a fight, and Henderson dominated Nate everywhere and made him look like an amateur instead of the guy who destroyed Gomi, Cerronne, and Miller.

Faber - Arlovski - Velasquez - Weidman - Lawler - Mighty Mouse
Credit to M.C. for the sig!
TanyaJade is offline   Reply With Quote