MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Johny Hendricks: Nick Diaz Has Had Two Chances to Fight GSP, I Only Want One

View Single Post

Old 12-11-2012, 11:42 AM   #17 (permalink)
demoman993
Featherweight

demoman993 is on another level nowdemoman993 is on another level nowdemoman993 is on another level nowdemoman993 is on another level nowdemoman993 is on another level nowdemoman993 is on another level nowdemoman993 is on another level nowdemoman993 is on another level nowdemoman993 is on another level nowdemoman993 is on another level nowdemoman993 is on another level now
I feel bad for Hendricks not because he's the most dangerous guy to fight GSP but he was told he was the #1 contender. Dana should have stuck to his word and let him have the title shot. Don't get me wrong, when I think of GSP vs. Diaz I get a big smile on my face because GSP will put Nick in his place.

If you look at the facts though Diaz does not deserve the fight over JH. Diaz just lost to Condit and hasn't fought since then. I don't want to start the suspension arguement but the fact remains that he's suspended for not following the set of rules that he was well aware of regardless the sillyness of the rule. He at least needs to beat someone/anyone to even be considered at #1 contender. There are lots of bad matchups at WW for Diaz too where he might have a hard time climbing the ladder again. Fitch would have him down in seconds, I'm inclined to believe that Maia would just take him down and strangle him despite him being good at BJJ himself. Rory would likely destroy him.

Anyways I'm getting off point here but if the UFC wasn't a business, and showing a fairly significant decline in total PPV buys I bet JH would have had this title shot. I think the UFC needs to make big fights on PPV to maximize buys because they are catering to Fox with amazing cards but that's a whole new can of worms.