MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - 5 of 8 Champs Are Wrestlers, Is It The Dominant Fighting Style?

View Single Post

Old 12-11-2012, 02:59 PM   #48 (permalink)
MMA-Sportsman
Middleweight

MMA-Sportsman Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatMMA-Sportsman Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatMMA-Sportsman Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatMMA-Sportsman Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatMMA-Sportsman Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatMMA-Sportsman Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatMMA-Sportsman Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatMMA-Sportsman Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatMMA-Sportsman Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatMMA-Sportsman Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatMMA-Sportsman Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by americanfighter View Post
I would say wrestling is the best base when you are firs breaking in to MMA but you have to develop other skills along the way because just wrestling won't be enough.

Of all the GOATs it seems like nost of them were wrestlers with MT and BJJ tied in second.

GSP
Hendo
Bendo
Coleman
Shamrok Bros
The Natural
Tito
Hughes
Lidell (though he never really used it)

They all started out as wrestlers or predominately use wresting in their style.

However really its hard to say their a wrestler when their really an MMA fighter
I have a theory that it comes to the fact the great majority of these fighters are Americans and wrestling is widely train in America since young age in many schools and continuing through university.

Winners and Losers

Story of My Life
MMA-Sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote