MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Mark Hominick Retires

View Single Post

Old 12-12-2012, 09:11 AM   #14 (permalink)
HitOrGetHit
WEC For Life

HitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ape City View Post
I sometimes start to question if there is something wrong with me. Like perhaps I have some sort of prejudice towards light weight classes, or maybe I just don't follow other organizations enough. I am not some fair weather fan who just shows up when the fights are big or my fav fighter is winning. I have been following this sport since the glory days of Pride. I have witnessed the mob and growth that was TUF 1, and all it spawned. I watched a generation of fighters, like Chuck, Tito, and Hughes, fall to their knees. Now I am watching it happen again with Shogun, Rampage, and BJ looking like dinosaurs.

But guys, in all honesty, I couldn't even remember who this guy was when I read the thread title. I really don't care about this guy nor did I ever. I hope he never fights again for his own sake. Clearly he doesn't have what it takes.

Am I the only MMA fan who has been following the sport for a long time that doesn't give a shit about average fighters? I feel like a ghost here sometimes...
It depends on what you consider average. Yes he went downhill but it is just a little over a year ago that he was fighting Aldo for the title and fairing better than anyone has even now.

Unless you just don't like the smaller weight classes. (Which a lot of people here don't)

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com App

"Don't be shocked that people die. Be surprised you're still alive."
HitOrGetHit is offline   Reply With Quote