MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Jones and MacDonald - Is the hate justified?

View Single Post

Old 12-12-2012, 08:25 PM   #28 (permalink)
Canadian Psycho
You're Welcome.

Canadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF Material
Jones is growing on me. I disliked him when he was pretending to be the ultra-moral son of a preacher man. But I can stomach him a whole lot more now that he's embracing who and what he is, and that's a sometimes cocky, boastful champion. There's nothing wrong with being proud and confident, unless you're proud and confident but refer to yourself as humble. I think people will start to warm to Jones during TUF. I expect a bromance with Sonnen that will bring the fans around on both men.

As for Rory, well... I'm not yet convinced that there's actually anything to talk about there. It was one time. One fight. In one arena. And people truly wanted BJ to be the Rocky/comeback/feel good story of the year. Until Rory receives further boos, his being a 'villain' is little more than an invention of the media/a few internet forum goers. Nothing more.
Canadian Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote