MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Hendo Isn’t Sure Where Dana White Is Getting the Info But His Knee is Just Fine

View Single Post

Old 12-13-2012, 07:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Rauno
HiiiPoWeR

Rauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among Men
Hendo Isn’t Sure Where Dana White Is Getting the Info But His Knee is Just Fine

Quote:

On Saturday night at UFC on Fox 5, UFC President Dana White hinted that former top contender Dan Henderson‘s knee wasn’t healing as fast as expected and he could potentially be out of his upcoming bout against Lyoto Machida currently scheduled for UFC 157 in February.

The subject was broached because White thought UFC on Fox 5 winner Alexander Gustafsson could potentially step in to replace him and face Machida.

Well, Dan Henderson obviously saw that statement and he’s not sure where the UFC President is getting his updates from, but his knee is right on schedule for the February fight card.

“Not sure where Dana White thinks he’s hearing my knee isn’t doing okay,” Henderson wrote on Twitter on Sunday. “It’s doing great. Slowly picking training up just like I do for every training camp.”

Henderson hasn’t fought since 2011 when he defeated Mauricio “Shogun” Rua in his return to the UFC after a stint in Strikeforce where he became light heavyweight champion.

He was expected to face UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones at UFC 151 before the afore mentioned knee injury forced him off the card.

Now getting back into training, Henderson is confident he’ll be ready to face Lyoto Machida on Feb 23 in Anaheim, and Alexander Gustafsson can wait on the call for another fight to come along instead.
MMAWeekly

I'm sure Dana has lost a bit of trust towards him with the whole Jones fiasco but i really hope he get's a crack at Jones somewhere down the road.