• Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

***OFFICIAL*** Hector Lombard vs. Rousimar Palhares Thread

9K views 110 replies 39 participants last post by  Roflcopter 
#1 · (Edited)
Middleweight bout: 185 pounds

See less See more
#46 ·
Can you stfu with your "I cant believe how dumb you all are" attitude? Seriously, every event you feel the need to tell people they were retards for thinking Fighter A ever had a chance to beat Fighter B. It's mma, anything can happen, get a grip and grow up.

#47 ·
Basically this, although this fight doesn't bother me too much after the Boetsch disaster. Give him a more well rounded guy now and work his way up the ladder. Still get a big laugh at that guy who said Hector would "end Anderson's legacy within a round." :laugh:

#45 ·
He was fighting a guy with zero stand up who didn't even try to go to his strength. Lets slow down with the he's back talk. I still don't see a guy with anything but a face for Anderson to smash easily.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

#60 ·
His fight's only a month away, lol.

But I doubt they give him Lombard after Vitor starches him.

#58 ·
Lombard layed a nasty beat down on Palhares but honestly those punches were big and looping and I could see Bisping throwing right down the middle and consistently beating him to the punch. If Bisping could avoid getting caught I think he could fairly easily beat him.

#61 ·
Yea a Bisping fight makes little sense. If he beats Vitor he should probably be right in line to get a shot. If he loses, probably by big KO, I doubt they give him Lombard off a big win. They can do that fight down the line.

Lombard vs. Belcher would be sweet, if Belcher gets past Okami.

#64 · (Edited)
He seemed pretty content to sit in Paul Harris's guard until he was stood up though. I don't think he really wanted to get into a BJJ match with Paul Harris.

And I would like seeing Lombard vs. Stann rather than Wandy, I just don't think I could bear another vicious KO of Wandy without him hanging them up, and I think against a beast of a puncher like Stann that it would only be a matter of time.

#63 ·
There's the Lombard we've been looking for. I'm now certain that it was nerves that got the better of him. A fight against Vitor would be very entertaining. He should fight against Stann instead of Wand vs Stann.

#65 ·
Awesome. Hector had no respect for Palhares' leg kicks, which were hard, chased him down and knocked him out.

I don't call Lombard a Silva-killer, but IMO he is a handful for everyone in the division. Something WAS wrong in the Tim fight, supposedly more than one thing, and for me his happier demeanor before this fight proves that.

I hope Hector gets another fight signed quickly.

#71 ·
The only thing wrong with him in the Boetsch fight is that he stepped into a cage with a barbarian on some high level ****ery.

Tim Boetsch always wins....even when he loses, Anderson would KO him and probably end up getting DQ'ed.

#66 ·
I am very happy the way this fight went down. I was quite let down as many were during his first fight in the UFC and am happy he was able to play his game; albeit against someone he very well should beat 9/10 times.

There are a bunch of matchups I'd like to see Lombard in. Belfort would be lots of fun, as would Wanderlei or even Cung Le. Haha, I just want him in there against brawlers.
I think Bisping could dominate him with technique and precision, but also feel that Hector could plod forward and catch him.

Either way, enjoyable fight tonight and I wish Hector continued success.

#69 ·
I'm kind of sad Lombard messed up and performed like he did in his debut. I always love a good build up and this loss took a lot away from me, just like the Diaz-Condit fight did.

So who's next for him? Should Bisping get past Vitor, he get's the shot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.