MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - The Strikeforce Champions, should they get title fights right away?

View Single Post

Old 12-13-2012, 02:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
LL
Rough Sex and Banana Pudding

LL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings System
The Strikeforce Champions, should they get title fights right away?

I brought this up in the big Hendricks thread in reference to Nate but I'd like to get everyone's take on this.

Strikeforce obviously is closing down and Ronda has already been crowned the Women's Champ, no problem with that because the UFC didn't have a Women's division before but every time the UFC has brought a company into the UFC the champs of said company got unification matches Dan Henderson got two of them against Rampage and Anderson and Anthony Pettis was set to fight the winner of the second Frankie Edgar/Gray Maynard fight until it ended up in a draw, others have brought their titles over to the UFC and been crowned UFC Champ such as Jose Aldo, Dominick Cruz, and most recently Ronda Rousey.

But what about Ronda's fellow SF Champs, Luke Rockhold, Gilbert Melendez and Nate Marquardt?

Anderson's management has already stated a Rockhold fight interests them, and Melendez is being thrown around as a potential opponent for Bendo in his next fight, Nate's name hasn't been mentioned that much but he has a defense scheduled for the upcoming January show, however if he wins where does he fit into the Welterweight picture, if Rockhold and Melendez get title shots, wouldn't it be right for Nate to get one right away?

Also, how do you think they would do in the UFC? Do they have a shot at winning gold?

What does MMAF think about Rockhold, Nate, and Gil in the UFC? Personally, I feel Jacare is better than Rockhold and won their fight and I think he'll do better than Luke.

THE PERFECT RECORD

THE PERFECT FIGHTER
LL is offline   Reply With Quote