MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - The Strikeforce Champions, should they get title fights right away?
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 03:58 PM
guycanada
Bantamweight

In regards to Nate Marquardt...I think we will see reluctance from him or GSP to fight each other, they have always been and currently are close training partners.

WW-
Nate is a new champ (has yet to defend the belt) I think he should have to fight a few bouts at WW, the Koschecks/Fitch's, etc he has a bout in January so we can wait on him.

MW-
Rockhold cleaned out Strikeforce...he should be put into the MW picture with Belcher, Belfort/Bisping, Weidman,

LW-
Gil should be given an immediate shot as he is the longest standing Strikeforce champ..or immediate after Pettis/Cerrone..Maybe give him Maynard for next #1 contendor spot

HW-
Cormier should have to fight again after Jan 14..Overeem is getting the next shot so if Cormier is staying at HW give him another fight

Ufc Events Attended:

Ufc Fight Night: Davis Vs Nogueira, Ufc 131, Ufc 143, Ufc 148, Ufc on Fox 5, Ufc 156, Ufc on Fox 8
-----

Chael Sonnen - "I was in public office, and I left public office the only way a person should..In Handcuffs"

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome