MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Anderson Silva giving up on super-fight; writes off Bisping

View Single Post

Old 12-13-2012, 08:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Canadian Psycho
You're Welcome.

Canadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF Material
Anderson Silva giving up on super-fight; writes off Bisping

Quote:
"[Silva's] manager doesn't think the GSP super fight will happen right now, but they'd love for it to happen at some point. I brought up the possibility of fighting Michael Bisping if he wins against Vitor Belfort. And Jorge told me they'd love that fight, but he said he didn't think Bisping has a good shot against Vitor Belfort. So they think Anderson will be back fighting in the summertime, but they're not sure who he will fight then."
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/12/1...-doesnt-expect

I took some liberties with the title, I admit. As per usual, this is Silva's management speaking. At this point, I actually wouldn't mind seeing Bisping fight Silva. I'd give him virtually no chance, but at least it would be something new and fresh. That said, I honestly don't see Mike getting passed Belfort.

They'll need to figure something out. Silva needs to defend his belt, but in order for that to happen, there has to be a challenger. I'd be open to Belfort/Silva II, especially following Vitor's performance against Jones (aka, the best to date).
Canadian Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote