MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Anderson Silva giving up on super-fight; writes off Bisping

View Single Post

Old 12-14-2012, 10:31 AM   #20 (permalink)
El Matador
MMA Fanatic

El Matador is just really niceEl Matador is just really niceEl Matador is just really niceEl Matador is just really niceEl Matador is just really niceEl Matador is just really niceEl Matador is just really niceEl Matador is just really niceEl Matador is just really niceEl Matador is just really niceEl Matador is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
I can't wait for Okami to send Belcher back to irrelevancy.

Georges St. Pierre came along and trashed Hughes

Randy Couture got stomped out by Brock Lesnar

And Chuck was never that good to begin with, but Shogun, Penn, Fedor, all of them, their time all ran out, and a younger, stronger, newer breed of fighter came in and phased them out.

Anderson was 2 minutes away from losing to a guy with inferior striking and ju-jitsu to Weidman whose only looked bad once in his career and that was when he cut 32 lbs in 11 days and he just made the guy Anderson brought in to teach him wrestling look like an amateur.

So yeah, I really don't get why people are so confident in Anderson, he's always struggled against wrestlers and this one actually knows submissions when the time comes Weidman will push him out the door and Anderson can go enjoy his retirement, he just doesn't have what it takes to beat him and there's no shame in that.
Oh man, this post is so fraught with half truths that I had to bring myself to respond.

Starting with the fact that Silva's wrestling coach is Eric Albarracin, not Munoz. He's been his coach since around the Okami fight.
Here's an interview with him:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g__hT8s1DvM

Munoz has trained with Black House every now and then, but is based out of Kings and Reign. He's not "the guy that Anderson brought to teach him wrestling"

Weidman is a beast, an absolute monster of a 185er, but Munoz wasn't all there in that fight. While I might be wrong and it's just the brilliance of Weidman that made him look that bad, at least my opinion is backed by other people, notably professional fighters:
http://www.mmamania.com/2012/7/12/31...man-mark-munoz

Now, Weidman's striking against Maia looked good, but not Anderson Silva good. And while his gameplan of take down/GNP would be obvious against Silva, all bouts start on the feet. See: Silva vs Sonnen II round 2. Furthermore, his wrestling is good, but not Sonnen good. So that factor is up in the air as well.

I'll be the first to admit that I have a bias towards AS, I believe the man walks on roads paved with the nubile young bodies of Scandinavian virgins, but not to the point where I don't entertain the fact that he might lose to Weidman.

When you discuss your opinions in such absolutes, you come off as a frothing-at-the-mouth hater troll and people automatically discount your opinion as hate.

I like Wiedman, he's talented and hard working, I think he has the potential to be a great champion. On a purely irrational basis, I also like him because he looks like my favourite actor, Eric Bana. I think a fight against Silva is justified and would be amazing on all fronts, but my fact based opinion points towards him being a big underdog in it. Most bookies would agree.

Please feel free to try to argue any of these points. I'd love to see you try

Last edited by El Matador : 12-14-2012 at 10:45 AM.
El Matador is offline   Reply With Quote