MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC 157 'Co-Main Event' - Machida vs. Henderson Confirmed

View Single Post

Old 12-14-2012, 03:22 PM   #29 (permalink)
jonnyg4508
Ultra-weight

jonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlasgowKiss View Post
This is not a slowed down sluggish Shogun he is fighting. Since Shogun/Machida 2, Shogun has declined vastly in speed and training/endurance, whilst Machida has maintained his speed and improved.
I respect everything you are saying. But I don't get why people say this? Shogun was a 2 to 1 favorite vs. Dan. Yea, after the fight people said he wasn't the same...because Hendo put it on him like no one ever had. You can't be fast and fresh when you get a handful of H-Bombs in the first round.

People are saying Machida is so improved...why? Because he KO'd Bader and 50 year old Couture? Taylor-Made opponents? And had 1 decent round vs. Bones? That means he is so improved? I myself wouldn't go that far. Maybe he is, but beating Randy at that stage and Bader at any stage doesn't prove much to me.

When Dan beat Fedor...Fedor was washed up even though he was like a 2.5-1 favorite over him and most people here gave Dan little chance. When Dan fought Shogun, maybe not you, but most here said Shogun is just better, more well-rounded, good chin. He should win. After, Shogun all of a sudden was considered slow and washed up.

If Hendo H-Bombs Machida will people say Machida is over the hill? It would go in line with what has happened before. I think Machida should be the favorite. But for people to write off Hendo is laughable too me. People don't learn their lessons.

If Hendo beats Machida people will act like Dan is such a beast after. Then when his next fight rolls around they will write him off again...
jonnyg4508 is online now   Reply With Quote