Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

UFC 157 'Co-Main Event' - Machida vs. Henderson Confirmed

5K views 67 replies 36 participants last post by  hellholming 
#1 ·
History will be made in February next year, as the UFC has officially confirmed their main event and co-main event for UFC 157 in Anaheim.

Despite rumors that former No. 1 light heavyweight title contender Dan Henderson's knee injury could oust him from the card, the UFC has confirmed via Twitter that he will indeed be facing former champion Lyoto Machida in UFC 157's co-main event. Tickets will be on sale starting on Dec. 21.

So far, this is the current lineup of confirmed fights for the UFC's return to Anaheim's Honda Center on Feb. 23:

• Women's Bantamweight Title: Ronda Rousey (Champion) vs. Liz Carmouche
• Light Heavyweight Title Eliminator: Dan Henderson vs. Lyoto Machida
• Men's Bantamweight Bout: Urijah Faber vs. Ivan Menjivar

Notably, this will be Henderson's first time not headlining a card since UFC 100 in July 2009.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...armouche-machida-vs-henderson-tickets-on-sale

Genuinely looking forward to this one. I think we all know what the real main event is :p

#54 ·
I'm really itching for this fight, crazy thing is if Lyoto and Hendo weren't shafted in the Main Event slot then we'd have two 5 round fights, and IMO Lyoto's chances in a 5 round fight with Hendo are much higher than his chances in a 3 round fight.

(I still tip Lyoto by decision)

#59 ·
I'm really itching for this fight, crazy thing is if Lyoto and Hendo weren't shafted in the Main Event slot then we'd have two 5 round fights, and IMO Lyoto's chances in a 5 round fight with Hendo are much higher than his chances in a 3 round fight.
What makes you say that? The only time ive seen Machida in the championship rounds was against Rua, and he was awful in those rounds. He barely threw any strikes at all.

Luckily, Hendo gasses after 45 seconds...

#57 ·
Surprised everybody is writing off Hendo in this one. You don't have to be a world class striker when you have heavy hands and amazing timing. Sth that Hendo has. Everyone knows the overhand is coming yet a few can do sth about it. Surely it isn't a coincidence. While i do believe Machida takes this, i'd say Hendo has a huge opportunity here. Not to mention this is a 3 rounder which makes Dan just that much more dangerous.

#58 ·
WTF? Hendo should be fighting that idiot Bones for the title.

Hendo's overhand right is so good that if I wanted a building demolished, I'd call him to smash it into bits before calling a demolition company.

#60 ·
Thread cleaned up

Rear, it was a supermod that infracted you. For baiting. Not replying. There is a difference.

I'm (and I'm sure many others) am getting a bit tired over the same people derailing threads all the time. Please, enough guys. Take it to PMs or you can use the ever so handy ignore feature and never have to see that users posts again.

Back on topic
<--- bold is serious stuff

#61 ·
Honestly I don't see this fight going any other way than Hendo turning off Machida's headlights.

I realize that if Machida won it wouldn't be a surprise, he's a great fighter, but every time I run this fight through my head it ends with Machida on the ground limp. I honestly don't think he will be able to avoid that big shot, I know he's great at it, but in my head thinking of them fighting, I can see Hendo getting in every single time and doing the nasty to his chin (as in at least once in the fight and ending it, not every exchange).

#65 ·
I like both guys so Im cool with whatever. I think if Dan loses he will retire. He cant really start over at this point in my opinion but hey could be wrong. For some reason im not terribly excited for this fight....i think its because of the Rousey fight. Im just not interested in it at all. I know I know broken record, douche bag....yes yes I get it. But I just cant miss the opportunity to whine about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.