MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Luger's Training program

View Single Post

Old 12-14-2012, 10:42 PM   #230 (permalink)
luger0
Flyweight

luger0 is a glorious beacon of lightluger0 is a glorious beacon of lightluger0 is a glorious beacon of lightluger0 is a glorious beacon of lightluger0 is a glorious beacon of lightluger0 is a glorious beacon of lightluger0 is a glorious beacon of lightluger0 is a glorious beacon of lightluger0 is a glorious beacon of lightluger0 is a glorious beacon of lightluger0 is a glorious beacon of light
Day 20
Dan made his first appearance in the new gym.

Got the run in, did about 15-minutes of jogging tonight.

The other half was spent on footwork in the ring. I did some work off the ropes.

Covering and fighting back with a right hook, left, right uppercut.

Uppercuts to the body.

A 90-degree switch, lead foot is the pivot point. When I made the switch i'd throw of a 1-2 then back off.

I did the switch then do a back peddle sprint to the center.

We did a whole bunch of stuff, tabata pushup for 20-second 10 off for 4-minutes, jumps with an emphasis on landing on the balls and then the heels, and then a partner drill (one person squats and cups the hands, the other grabs onto the cupped hands and pulls himself up.)

I didn't find the right way for the last drill.

After that we did a 4 point circuit: ladders of footwork, then focused jumps over bags, then a roll, then as he calls it animal crawls in the ring. we had 10 minutes of this.

After dan's circuit was over I worked on showing the basic technique to a new boxer. We worked for about half an hour.

After taking care of the new guy, I gloved up and went in the ring with Jeff.

We were focusing on my footwork as defense. I noticed I landed more effectively, and was dancing around him better.

Throughout life there are bumps along the way some may be painful...others not...who gives a damn in the end you'll still die
luger0 is offline   Reply With Quote