MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - The Strikeforce Champions, should they get title fights right away?

View Single Post

Old 12-15-2012, 01:04 AM   #26 (permalink)
Jason12
Amateur

Jason12 is a glorious beacon of lightJason12 is a glorious beacon of lightJason12 is a glorious beacon of lightJason12 is a glorious beacon of lightJason12 is a glorious beacon of lightJason12 is a glorious beacon of lightJason12 is a glorious beacon of lightJason12 is a glorious beacon of lightJason12 is a glorious beacon of lightJason12 is a glorious beacon of lightJason12 is a glorious beacon of light
Strictly from a marketing perspective I don't understand why the UFC doesn't do this more often. I know this isn't a Strikeforce example but look at Hector Lombard, he dominated in Bellator for years looking invincible. If they made his first fight against Anderson Silva it would of been huge. I think most educated MMA fans would of picked Silva but there was definitely an "unknown" about Lombard. To the relatively uniformed MMA fans they would of seen it as a super fight. Lombard gets Boetsch instead and loses...and now the Silva/Lombard fight may never happen.
Jason12 is offline   Reply With Quote