MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - The Strikeforce Champions, should they get title fights right away?

View Single Post

Old 12-15-2012, 12:35 AM   #28 (permalink)
No_Mercy
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!

No_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF Material
Pride was not only a rival organization, but had elite fighters.

Overeem
Rampage KOed Chuck twice
Wandy
Big Nog toppled Tim Slyvia for the belt and beat Randy Couture.
Mirko was the only one who couldn't quite put together solid wins with top contenders.
Shogun
Hendo (already fought in the UFC before)

and of course Anderson Silva. Fedor was the only one who didn't join the UFC.

SF on the other hand is nowhere near the level of the UFC. Nate is a UFC fighter in my mind. Luke...is top 20. Melendez is a legit top five or top 10. Overeem was the fighter everybody wanted to see.

Nick Diaz was already in the UFC. He lost to Diego Sanchez and will lose to big wrestlers pretty much any day of the week. Against elite strikers he has shown incredible brilliance. I can't believe he decimated Frank, Zaromskis, Daley, BJ Penn, and gave Condit a run for his money.

I mean who's the LHW champ now. None of em except for Gegard is top tiered. King Mo...is so so, Feijao is mediocre, etc. SF is a feeder organization. It was the woman's and HW division that made SF.

Immediate match ups I'd like to see.

Nate Marquardt vs Rory vs GSP. All trained together.

Luke Rockhold vs Rich Franklin. They're very similar.

Gegard Mousassi vs Glover Texiera to show how good Gegard is. Gegard can beat virtually every LHW. Machida, Phil Davis, and Rashad would give him some difficulties.

The answer is yes to LW and WW. No to MW and LHW. As for HW yes everybody wanted to see it and probably will happen soon.

Baked, not fried... the healthy choice.

No_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote